Curly Brace with Accent

S B

Nov 6, 2022, 11:54:26 PM11/6/22
to Gregorio Users
Hello. I'm having trouble typesetting a curly brace with accent above the staff using the run.gregoriochant.org website. I’ve tried to run the following gabc text but have not been successful in getting the brace to span across both notes:

(c4) (/) (g) (h) (j) (//) (j) (j) (j) (//) (kr1) (jr) (j) (jr[ocba:1{]) (i[ocba:0}]) (j) (:) (/) (j) (j) (j) (//) (h) (jr1) (jr) (ij) (::)

I'm a beginner with Gregorio, so I figure I'm not doing something right. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Tomasz Grabowski

Nov 14, 2022, 2:17:43 AM11/14/22
to Gregorio Users
Try https://www.sourceandsummit.com/editor/alpha your code there works just fine.
All the best to you!
Tomasz

example-crop.pdf

S B

Nov 14, 2022, 9:23:06 AM11/14/22
to Gregorio Users
Thank you, Tomasz! I really appreciate your help.

Richard Chonak

Nov 7, 2023, 2:27:25 PM11/7/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
In this example, LaTeX has to process the file twice to produce the correct result: in the first pass, the notes are placed in their positions; and in the second pass, the brace is adjusted to conform to the notes. Then the output looks like this:

The run.gregoriochant.org website only runs Gregorio once on the submitted GABC code, so it doesn't give you the desired result.   If you install TeXLive on your own system, you can process it twice and probably you'll get it looking like the above example.

Incidentally, I think the new interface at sourceandsummit is not actually running Gregorio software: rather, it seems they are implementing all the formatting within the web page's Javascript code.

--Richard
--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Richard Chonak

Nov 7, 2023, 2:45:35 PM11/7/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
I've modified my code on run.gregoriochant.org to process the GABC twice when it contains an "ocb" or "ocba" brace notation, so that the output will be formatted properly.  Thanks for pointing out this problem.

--RC

Laércio de Sousa

Nov 7, 2023, 5:45:39 PM11/7/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Richard, if you can change your backend code to compile PDF with command "latexmk --lualatex", it will handle automatically the cases where multiple LaTeX runs are needed.

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Richard Chonak

Nov 7, 2023, 11:05:54 PM11/7/23
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
That's working: thank you!
--RC

Matthew Roth

Nov 8, 2023, 12:22:07 PM11/8/23
to Gregorio Users
>Incidentally, I think the new interface at sourceandsummit is not actually running Gregorio software: rather, it seems they are implementing all the formatting within the web page's Javascript code.

There's a lot which Gregorio simply does much better at this point, but we have to guess at what they're doing now that they've switched to the Alpha editor, on top of the fact that they don't take into account things that Gregorio implemented in the intervening years. It's most unfortunate! I realize that the learning curve for LaTeX/Gregorio is pretty high, and it's not perfect, but I find that the output of the Alpha editor is sub-par enough to warrant my comment.