spacebeneathtext and virgas

Romano Silva

Dec 29, 2023, 8:25:56 AM12/29/23
to Gregorio Users
When I use spacebeneathtext, I noticed that there is a slight difference of spacing in different lines.
I realized the distance takes the dimension of vertical pause bar (,) above the first compass line.
Is it possible to avoid this? I would like spacebeneathtext to be measured from the base of the text until the next line.

Thank you,
Romano

Fr. Samuel Springuel

Jan 9, 2024, 10:23:09 AMJan 9
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
There is no automatic way to do this, but spacebeneathtext is one of the dimensions that can be set by line with `\grechangenextscorelinedim`. If you can identify which lines you need to have spacebenethtext shrunk for and by how much, you can issue this command before including the score to make the adjustments.

Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE