First letter size

charles...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 8:21:10 PM12/1/21
to Gregorio Users
I guess things are updating more quickly than I am keeping up with them.  The new gregorio-project.github page seems to be assuming that people are using TEX, which I am not.  I am simply inputting things into editor.sourceandsummit.com.  The gregorio project page used to have information for how to change the first letter's size - it is 0 for same as everything else and 1 for a larger first letter - I remember that, but the new info page only has the TEX code for it and I can't remember what to put in the editor.  It's been a few months since I used the editor and a few little things such as this one have slipped my mind.

Thank you and God bless.

R. Padraic Springuel

Dec 2, 2021, 4:46:10 PM12/2/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
The online editors are user-maintained and do not always expose all features of Gregorio (by handling the TeX part of the system for you).

You’ll need to get in touch with those responsible for the online editor that you are using to ask them if the feature you want is accessible.

✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Matthias Bry

Dec 2, 2021, 5:05:35 PM12/2/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Charles,

initial-style: 0; and initial-style: 1; work with the legacy S&S editor at https://editor.sourceandsummit.com/legacy/ but not with the new one. With the new one, you need to use the "Drop cap" toggle in the right side menu, below the alignment selector.
Fr. Springuel is right in saying that this issue is not with Gregorio but with S&S editor. AFAIK Benjamin Bloomfield used to work on the S&S editor, maybe drop him an email if you have question that are strictly related to the editor and not to the language:
bhb123+jgabc [at] gmail.com (as found in the Chant Tools "about" section)

In Christo
Matthias