Where to start on Windows 10?

MWO Grant

Sep 19, 2021, 6:11:27 PM9/19/21
to Gregorio Users
Greetings. I'm very new to all this Gregorio (and TeX) stuff, but I have decent experience with computers.
I have the complete TeX Live installation on my Windows 10 machine. I'm running a 64 bit machine, but I realize both TeX and Gregorio are exclusively 32 bit anyway, so I don't think it makes a big difference here.
I can make GABC files with no problem, I can open (and edit) TEX files using TeXworks, and that's about it. I installed Gregorio after a clean TeX Live installation and machine reboot.
So now... How do I convert GABC files to TEX and render them to PDF? I have no idea what I'm doing and didn't find the information I need on the Gregorio explanation page. I'm assuming I'm missing on something stupid.

Thank you in advance for any help.
God bless.

--
Grant

R. Padraic Springuel

Sep 21, 2021, 3:41:15 PM9/21/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
I suggest following the tutorials:

http://gregorio-project.github.io/tutorial/tutorials.html

Each is designed to focus on a different aspect of using Gregorio, with the level of sophistication increasing as you progress through them.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey