Punctum-mora = Wrong positioning

Olivier L

Feb 8, 2024, 3:54:15 AMFeb 8
to Gregorio Users
Hello !
The punctum-mora positioning does not work on my machine.
I need <.0> in the <ServeNequam> antiphon of the 21st Sunday after P. (Liber Usualis 1961 page 1070).
Is there an explanation and a solution?
Attached is a MWE.
THANKS.
Test.log
Test.tex
Test.pdf
ServeNequam.png

Matthias Bry

Feb 8, 2024, 4:40:23 AMFeb 8
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no punctum mora positioning in gregorio 6.0.0. Adding zeroes and ones works for horizontal and vertical episemata only.

You can always "hack" the .gtex file by changing (in this example) \GrePunctumMora{8}{0}{0}{0} to \GrePunctumMora{7}{0}{0}{0}, but the hack will be overwritten next time the autocompile sets in (e.g. next time you modify the gabc file).

Also this punctum mora placement just looks bad. I understand it was forced by the (very theoretical) interdiction made to Solesmes to change the spacing from the Vaticana, but at the point we're at, this kind of legislation is out the window.

In Christo,
Matthias

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Olivier L

Feb 8, 2024, 10:33:28 AMFeb 8
to Gregorio Users
Hello Matthias!
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I thought that positioning existed for punctums-mora because of a bug reported on github, < Punctum mora positioning not operative > -- https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/issues/1534
but obviously it was an error.
And you are right, this punctum mora placement looks bad.
Thanks again, in Christo.

Olivier

Matthew Roth

Feb 9, 2024, 7:11:05 PMFeb 9
to Gregorio Users
An interesting example, because the rhythm is sort of confusing even if you don’t use the Solesmes editions.