Using mode headers with an additional annotation

Andrew Dunning

Aug 24, 2021, 7:12:16 AM8/24/21
to Gregorio Users
According to the Gregorio manual, the 'mode' metadata field is only included in the score if there is no other annotation. I would like to use the mode, mode-modifier, and mode-differentia metadata fields from the GABC header, but also provide the standard annotation above this for the chant type (Ant. or similar). This would be easier to process elsewhere than two 'annotation' fields in the header.

Is this possible? If not, would it be possible to add a dedicated field for this purpose? I had hoped that 'office-part' might automatically go onto the upper line.

R. Padraic Springuel

Aug 24, 2021, 9:58:42 AM8/24/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
`\grecommentary` calls are additive, with subsequent calls adding lines to the commentary box. If you want separate lines, just setup multiple header captures which pass the various headers to the commentary.

If you want to amalgamate multiple headers to a single line, then you’ll need to write a macro to which the headers can be passed and will collect them before in turn, passing them on to the commentary.  I’m in a meeting now, so I can’t provide an example, but if you need some pointers on how to do this, let me know and I’ll try to find some time later in the week.

✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

Andrew Dunning

Aug 24, 2021, 10:26:19 AM8/24/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply – I would be very grateful to see an example!

I am using the commentary line to list the sources for a given score (in a ’sources’ field), but some of these also have a paragraph of notes on variants between the sources (in a ’notes’ field). I am adding these as a footnote or endnote.

Hence, it should be a simple matter of \grecommentary consisting of ‘sources' plus something like \footnote{\gabcnotes}}. I can create a \gabcnotes command to take the notes field, but I haven’t worked out to have \gabccommentary include it.

(One can also put the \footnote command in the ‘commentary’ field and it will work – perhaps I should be simply sticking with that.)