Horizontal spacing

embe...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2021, 3:03:10 AM8/31/21
to Gregorio Users
One more question.
With Grecorio and TeX can I have the effect of  "https://editor.sourceandsummit.com/alpha/", "Horizontal spacing" to merge the notes?
Thanks.

EMB

R. Padraic Springuel

Sep 1, 2021, 12:44:54 PM9/1/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by “merge the notes” in this context.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
Fr. Samuel, OSB
(R. Padraic Springuel)
St. Anselm’s Abbey
4501 South Dakota Ave, NE
Washington, DC, 20017
202-269-2300
(c) 202-853-7036

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ

Enrico M. Beraudo

Sep 1, 2021, 2:26:02 PM9/1/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
Is there simply a command for "Horizontal spacing"?

EMB

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io

R. Padraic Springuel

Sep 5, 2021, 2:34:16 PM9/5/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
> On Sep 1, 2021, at 2:25 PM, Enrico M. Beraudo <embe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there simply a command for "Horizontal spacing"?
>
> EMB

I don’t know exactly how they are implementing that feature, but they are most likely manipulating one or more of the horizontal spacing parameters the control how close various elements of the score can be. You can find the complete list of spaces is available here: http://gregorio-project.github.io/gregoriotex/details.html (scroll down to the "Modifying the spacing” section).

Any one of them can be modified using `\grechangedim{<name of space>}{<value to apply>}{<scalable/fixed>} (the last controls what happens when the size of the staff changes.

✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝

Enrico M. Beraudo

Sep 7, 2021, 5:21:51 AM9/7/21
to gregori...@googlegroups.com
A thousand thanks. You have been invaluable.
I solved it like this:
\grechangedim{interwordspacenotes}{0.29 cm plus 0.05 cm minus 0.08 cm}{fixed}
\grechangedim{interwordspacetext}{0.17 cm plus 0.05 cm minus 0.08 cm}{fixed}

EMB

--
Gregorio homepage: http://gregorio-project.github.io