Bharat Jodo Yatra: The Maharashtra Leg: Some Glimpses

1 view

Sukla Sen

Nov 20, 2022, 11:07:29 PM11/20/22
to foil-l, Say NO 2 UID Core Group

Just not the numbers. Far more significant is the spirit.

The Yatra, it needs to be noted, is presenting two alternative models -- very different from what we were till now familiar with.
One, a huge marathon mobilisation, meant to protest against the evil regime in place, is so much infused with a carnivalesque spirit instead of clenched feasts being thrown at the sky with fierce slogan shouting forming the backdrop.
Two, it's presenting a "leader" -- so very intimate, warm and humane -- instead of acting distant and grave. Of course, polar opposite of a macho 56".
It's, however, treading the all-too-familiar path of relying on a "leader". But, that's, by all appearance, just inescapable.

I. Thank You Maharashtra!
II. 'Glimpses of Bharat Jodo Yatra as Rahul Gandhi-led march wraps up Maharashtra leg': <https://indianexpress.com/article/india/congress-bharat-jodo-yatra-rahul-gandhi-photos-8278856/>.

Faced with the near-complete blackout by the mainstream media -- the electronic media in particular, of this miraculous unfolding event, the Jairam Ramesh team is performing its own miracle, as the clips above testify. That also needs to be duly noted.
Don't think we had ever before encountered such aesthetically presented political propaganda. And these are getting widely circulated too.