old/broken air mattresses

Neil Seldman

Jun 1, 2021, 2:01:58 AM6/1/21
to GreenYes Listserve
Please advise:

how to recycle the motors in broken inflatable mattresses?

Thanks, Neil

--
Neil Seldman
Waste to Wealth Initiative

Nancy Poh

Jun 2, 2021, 3:06:30 AM6/2/21
to Neil Seldman, GreenYes Listserve
There are 3 ways to work on this:

1) look for recycling agents that collect motors, electrical or electronic items.
2) contact the manufacturer or suppliers of such to see if they would take it off you.
3) find out what are the parts in the motor and see if there are material which are recyclable or reusable. I run a bikeshop. I take apart damaged components and keep parts which are still usable like the screws and bolts which could be hard to find in the market.