ZWAC Show 3/14/23: People Over Plastic + Recycling Archives Reading

Bonnie Betts

Mar 9, 2023, 2:22:34 PM3/9/23
to GreenYes
Join us for the next ZWAC Show on March 14th @ 5:30 PM PDT. We will meet Shilpi Chhotray a plastic pollution activist on a mission to change the future of #environmentaljustice storytelling.

Currently, she is the co-founder and executive director of People over Plastic (PoP), a new BIPOC-led media platform dedicated to uplifting the #intersectional stories behind environmental racism.

PoP prides itself in developing platforms and safe spaces for #frontlineleaders to share their lived experiences in an unfiltered context. She previously served as #BreakFreeFromPlastic's (BFFP) Global Communications Lead, where she got her chops in challenging and shifting the pro-industry narrative on plastic pollution and developing counter-narratives with frontline leaders around the world.

Pairing this interview with the theme of environmental catastrophes based on bad recycling decisions,  I will interview Shilpi Chottray the founder and CEO of Oakland-based People Over Plastic https://www.shilpichhotray.com/  and https://peopleoverplastic.co who will discuss the environmental consequences of the East Palestine release of PVC and other bad plastic chemicals that burned.

For the Recycling Archives, we are trying a new format that includes Q&A about the archives. For this month, Jerry Rust who will discuss the explosion of a WTE facility in Lane County, Oregon in the 1970s.

5 PM PDT - Social Hour

5:30 PM PDT - Show Starts

6:00 PM PDT - Interview with Shilpi Chhotray, People Over Plastic

Get the zoom link👉http://ow.ly/9ocP50NbYlR

People over Plastic.png