Action Alert! Bay [T]rail railbanking discussion at NCRA Meeting July 11th 10:30am

Green Wheels

Jul 5, 2012, 2:03:27 PM7/5/12
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Green Wheelers -

Thanks for helping pack the house last week for the Board of Supervisors meeting to support the Bay [T]rail railbanking plan. Dozens of people spoke in favor of pursuing railbanking for a rail to trail from Eureka to Arcata and rail with trail with tourist train from Arcata to Samoa. The Board of Supervisors will be sending a letter of support to the North Coast Railroad Authority (NCRA) to form a railbanking committee to further pursue this issue.

Please consider attending and speak at the upcoming NCRA meeting on Wednesday, July 11, starting at 10:30 a.m. in the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 825 Fifth Street, Room 111, Eureka.

See below for details from bay [t]rail advocate Rees Hughes and attached for Talking Points for the NCRA meeting.

Hope to see you out there!

Cheers,
The Green Wheels Team

Jul 9, 2012, 6:22:01 PM7/9/12
to green...@googlegroups.com
Not able to make the meeting on July 11th ?

Please, please take a moment to email staff and board of the NCRA.

Please ask them to support rail banking the Humboldt Bay line. To allow our community to move forward in making this project a reality.

See in the original post talking points you may want to use in your email. You could also provide a short personal story on what this project means to you......

Any email is better then no email. So keep it short if that is all your time allows.

Clif Clendenen - cclen...@co.humboldt.ca.us
Bill Kier - kierass...@suddenlink.net
Hal Wagenet - halwa...@willitsonline.com
Allan Hemphill - allan.h...@northcoastrailroad.org