Alliance road bike lane (Arcata, CA)

Green Wheels

Jun 21, 2012, 11:43:08 PM6/21/12
to green...@googlegroups.com
Green Wheels is happy to announce positive results on a dangerous situation.

Towards the end of Alliance road near Spear intersection. A little ways before the stop sign(opposite side of gas station). A few homes reside, and it was very common for the residents to park cars on the bike lane.

This is a significantly used bike lane in town. The parked cars were pushing bicycle riders into the automobile traffic. This issue was brought to the attention of the city by Green Wheels.

It was very nice to see that the city dealt with this issue in a very timely manner. The cars are now allowing more room for bicyclists to ride in the bike lane. It is not perfect, but the situation is much better. As a rider can now stay in the designated bike lane.

Green Wheels would like to thank the city of Arcata for dealing with this situation.

We would also like to thank the car owners for complying with parking regulations. At Green Wheels we believe the roads are for us to share so we can all have a safe commuting experience.

If bicycle users identify this problem in the future. It is best to report it to the police department. So that proper parking can be enforced at this particular location.

We hope that this has helped make your bike commute more enjoyable while riding through this area. Ride safely ! Be sure to follow the rules of the road whatever your mode of transportation.....