101 Eureka/Arcata safety corridor news, phase 1 rail with trail council agenda item, + more

Green Wheels

Mar 31, 2013, 11:27:20 PM3/31/13
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Green Wheelers,

Lots going on out the Green Wheels office window!

Upcoming projects and action alerts -

Have you heard about the re-paving project in the 101 safety corridor?  The project will begin fairly soon, and should be finished by the early fall.  The project zone should look much different once completed.  Have you seen the petition going around from Humboldt Bay Keeper?  This is about an important safety corridor meeting, your signature is requested - so we can have the meeting held locally.  Find the lowdown on the re-paving and petition in this article

City of Arcata -

Will have a council meeting this Wens April 3rd.  Included on the agenda is phase 1 of a rail with trail project.  Please be sure to include your comments to the city.  You can see the agenda items, or submit e-comments linked here, if your not able to attend the meeting.

May is national bike month -

Green Wheels is participating in the bike month coalition, as already mentioned to you in recent times.  That process continues to move forward, and we will be providing you full reports on the action.  Our site will provide dates of all the events as soon as the calendar is completed by the coalition!

We've assisted with positive direction with the North Coast Co-op strategic planning(active transportation), lots of upcoming events this month on our site calendar, and check out our weekly Mobility Video Friday.  All at the Green Wheels web site -

For those of you new with us, and enjoy social online outlets - check us out on Facebook, and we are now on Twitter!

On a local level our voices can be heard!  We see evidence of actions making a difference on a regular basis.  So we hope you will join us in making a difference in our community!

The Green Wheels Team