SAVE-THE-DATE - 2/29 CESC Meeting - Topic: ESAP 2

Aileen

Feb 13, 2012, 1:46:04 PM2/13/12
to GreenMountainView
Hello Sustainability Friends!

I hope 2012 has started off well for you and your family. Can you
believe this crazy dry (but nice and warm!) winter we’re having??

You may recall that we had 3 Council Environmental Sustainability
Committee (CESC) meetings in 2011 to gather input about the next
version of the City’s Environmental Sustainability Action Plan (ESAP),
or ESAP 2. We have considered all the feedback, done additional
analysis related to staff resources and budget availability, and
compiled a final version of ESAP 2 for review by the CESC and public
at the following meeting.

· Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, 7:30pm

· City Hall Plaza conference room (2nd floor by the front
elevator)

Considering any final changes to ESAP 2 that arise from this meeting,
we are tentatively planning to bring ESAP 2 to the full Council for
review and approval on April 10, 2012. So, we hope you will be able to
join us on Feb. 29 and provide your comments.

— Background on ESAP —

Largely based on the 2008 Environmental Sustainability Task Force
recommendations, the City Council adopted an Environmental
Sustainability Action Plan (ESAP) in March 2009 to serve as a road map
for achieving the City's short- and long-term sustainability goals.
The ESAP identified 25 initiatives for completion between 2008 and
2011, most of which are completed or nearing completion. During the
April, May, and December 2011 CESC meetings the committee solicited
public input about which sustainability activities to pursue over the
next few years, so now is your opportunity to see the result and
provide any final comments.

An agenda and staff memo will be posted to the City’s sustainability
web site by COB on February 23rd.

www.mountainview.gov/sustainability

We hope to see you at the meeting, and please feel free to spread the
word!

I am personally grateful for your continued support in making Mountain
View as sustainable as possible.

Steve

--------

Steve Attinger

Environmental Sustainability Coordinator - CGBP

City of Mountain View - Public Works

500 Castro St.

Mountain View, CA 94041-2010

steve.a...@mountainview.gov