free summer movie nights, July in downtown Mountain View

Aileen

Jun 29, 2011, 5:32:28 PM6/29/11
to GreenMountainView

What kind of city do we want?

The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is organizing
four Friday evening events in July that bear on the future of Mountain
View.
Please come and share your ideas! Join us for inspiring short films,
lively discussion, refreshments, and mingling, in a comfortable venue
right in the center of town.

What: REINVENTING OUR CITIES, Films of Vision and Hope featuring
hopeful and positive solutions to environmental challenges around the
world.

Where: Fenwick and West, 801 California St., Mountain View

When: 7 to 9 p.m. on July 8, 15, 22, 29

Details below and at http://tinyurl.com/mvcspfilms

FRIDAY July 8 - Save Our Land, Save Our Towns Small town newsman Tom
Hylton explores why America's towns have declined and how we can
revive them.

FRIDAY July 15 - Seoul, the Stream of Consciousness and Portland: A
Sense of Place Learn how Seoul, Korea demolished a major downtown
freeway to uncover and restore an ancient stream that once flowed
beneath it and is now a vital part of the city's urban fabric. See
why Portland, OR is consistently ranked as one of America's most
livable cities, where planners have uniquely integrated transport
decisions into urban growth and development efforts.

FRIDAY July 22 - Transportation Solutions Four short films will
inspire you about alternatives to car
transportation: "Guangzhou, China's Winning the Future with BRT,"
"LA's Orange Line," "Velo Liberte," and "Cycling Copenhagen."

FRIDAY July 29 - A Convenient Truth
In this inspirational film, you'll learn why cities around the world
look to Curitiba, Brazil as a model for creative and enlightened urban
planning. Over the past 40 years, Curitiba has demonstrated how to
transform problems into cost-effective solutions that can be applied
in most cities around the world.

About MVCSP
The Mountain View Coalition for Sustainable Planning is a group of
local residents dedicated to making Mountain View as beautiful,
economically healthy, transit, bicycle and pedestrian accessible, and
affordable as possible (www.mvcsp.org).