A note from our City Sustainability Coordinator...

Aileen

Apr 3, 2012, 8:18:04 PM4/3/12
to GreenMountainView
Hello Sustainability Friends!

As a follow up to my last several emails on the topic of the City’s
Environmental Sustainability Action Plan (ESAP), I wanted to let you
know that I’ll be bringing the new “ESAP-2” (covering 2011-2014) to
council on April 10th. The council meeting starts at 6:30pm, and I’ll
let you know when I have a better sense of the timing of ESAP-2 within
the agenda. It would be great to have you make any positive comments
about adopting ESAP-2.

Thanks to those of you who showed up at any of the last 4 Council
Environmental Sustainability Committee (CESC) meetings to provide
input on ESAP-2!

An agenda and staff memo will be posted to the City’s sustainability
web site by COB on April 5th.

www.mountainview.gov/sustainability

— Background on ESAP —

Largely based on the 2008 Environmental Sustainability Task Force
recommendations, the City Council adopted an Environmental
Sustainability Action Plan (ESAP) in March 2009 to serve as a road map
for achieving the City's short- and long-term sustainability goals.
The ESAP identified 25 initiatives for completion between 2008 and
2011, most of which are completed or nearing completion. During CESC
meetings in April, May, and December 2011, and February 2012, the
committee solicited public input about which sustainability activities
to pursue over the next few years and include in ESAP-2.

I hope to see you at the meeting, and please feel free to spread the
word!

I am personally grateful for your continued support in making Mountain
View as sustainable as possible.

Steve

--------

Steve Attinger

Environmental Sustainability Coordinator - CGBP

City of Mountain View - Public Works

500 Castro St.

Mountain View, CA 94041-2010

steve.a...@mountainview.gov

www.mountainview.gov/sustainability

650-903-6602

Intelligence, filtered through the heart, is wisdom.

-- Please think twice before printing this or any email message --