Council Environmental Sustainability Committee meeting...

Aileen

Nov 21, 2011, 1:30:41 PM11/21/11
to GreenMountainView
The following note is from Steve Attinger...

Fall in Mountain View is well under way, but don’t you love today's
sunny weather?!

I’ve been as busy as a beaver over here, and wanted to notify you
about our next Council Environmental Sustainability Committee (CESC)
meeting, as follows:

· Date/Time: Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011, 6pm

· Location: City Hall Atrium conference room (ground floor by
the back elevator)

We will be covering the following 3 items:

1. Update on single-use bag ordinances in Santa Clara County

2. Update on polystyrene take-out food container ordinances in
Santa Clara County

3. Staff recommendations for Environmental Sustainability Action
Plan (ESAP) version “2” (2011-2014)

Background on ESAP

The City Council adopted an Environmental Sustainability Action Plan
(ESAP) in March 2009 to serve as a road map for achieving the City's
short- and long-term sustainability goals. The ESAP identified 25
initiatives for completion between 2008 and 2011, most of which are
completed or nearing completion. During the April and May 2011 CESC
meetings the committee solicited public input about which
sustainability activities to pursue over the next few years, so now is
your opportunity to see the result and provide additional comments.

Note: We may not be taking additional public comments on ESAP 2 after
the 12/1 meeting, depending on the CESC’s direction, so I hope you
will be able to attend this meeting.

An agenda and staff memo will be posted to the City’s sustainability
web site by COB next Wednesday, 11/23.

www.mountainview.gov/sustainability

We hope to see you at the meeting, and please feel free to spread the
word!

Thanks for your continued support in making Mountain View increasingly
sustainable.

Steve

--------

Steve Attinger

Environmental Sustainability Coordinator

City of Mountain View - Public Works

500 Castro St.

Mountain View, CA 94041-2010

steve.a...@mountainview.gov

www.mountainview.gov/sustainability

650-903-6602

Intelligence, filtered through the heart, is wisdom.

-- Please think twice before printing this or any email message --