Films of Vision and Hope Free Film Series - Food Connections!

Aileen

Aug 20, 2011, 8:45:29 PM8/20/11
to GreenMountainView
World Centric 2121 Staunton Ct., Palo Alto

Time: Fridays 7:30 - 9:30 P.M.

Friday August 26 - Ingredients

See how people around the country are working to revitalize the
connection between the food we produce and the food we eat. From farms
to urban food deserts to the kitchens of celebrated chefs, we’ll learn
about the movement to put good food back on the table.

Friday September 2 - Rebecca’s Wild Farm

Wildlife filmmaker Rebecca Hosking shows how she transformed her
family's farm in Devon into a low energy farm for the future,
discovering that nature holds the key.

Friday September 9 - Establishing a Food Forest

Back by popular demand! In this fascinating film, famed permaculturist
Geoff Lawton shows how to turn even the most unpromising ecosystems
into thriving, productive food forests.

Friday September 16 - Locavore

Today, the average conventionally grown vegetable travels more than
1500 miles and is over-processed, stale, and without nutrition. Learn
how the Locavore movement is changing all of that.

Friday September 23 - 100 Mile Potluck

It’s harvest season, and the autumnal equinox! Come to share food,
conversation, and ideas.

Concerned about the environment and climate change?

Looking for ways to make a positive, sustainable change for people and
the planet?
Films of Vision and Hope focuses on hopeful and positive solutions to
environmental
problems affecting our world.

Provocative films, great discussion, and opportunities to
connect with others who want to make a difference.

Sponsored by Transition Silicon Valley, Transition Palo Alto,
Slow Food South Bay, and World Centric