Clean Up Australia Day in Greenhill

Jo Mason

Feb 7, 2010, 4:25:08 AM2/7/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm Jo and I've been organising the Greenhill contribution to Clean Up Australia Day for the last 2 years (in conjunction with Alison and Peter Wilson and with the wonderful help of Trevor Wing and the CFS truck). We're looking for volunteers to help out this year and would like to see a few new faces - the same dedicated band of a dozen or so volunteers turn up each year, and we love that they do, but how about coming along, meeting some neighbours and doing your bit for the community?

The clean up takes place this year on Sunday 7 March from 9 am. We meet at the CFS shed on Yarrabee Road and volunteers can stay for as short or as long a time as they are able. We're usually finished well before lunchtime and much sooner if we have a good turnup! We will supply all the bags and gloves you need (but bring your own gloves if they're comfortable). We will also have water; please wear a hat and sunscreen, especially if it's hot.

Also, please tell your neighbours and spread the word - we will letterbox a flyer a couple of weeks before the day.

You can even register if you want - just follow the links on the site - Get involved - Register for 1020 - Find a site - Greenhill.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers

Jo

Jo Mason
ph: 08 8390 1507

Roger Dunn

Mar 3, 2010, 12:25:52 AM3/3/10
to green...@googlegroups.com

Jo

Your sign at the eastern end of Yarrabee Rd has blown off.

Cheers

Roger D

Jo Mason

Mar 3, 2010, 1:22:17 AM3/3/10
to green...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Roger - I didn't think it would fare well in this recent strong wind. I'll have to think of a better alternative.

Cheers

Jo

Jo Mason
ph: 08 8390 1507