Telstra faults after lightning damage on Thursday night

Adam Ind

Sep 29, 2009, 7:56:43 PM9/29/09
to Greenhill SA

Hi all,

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is without a phone line after
the thunderstorm on Thursday night? The Telstra junction box on
Greenhill Road in front of my property was scorched by a lightning
strike (but repaired on Sunday) - my phone line kept working the whole
time but as of last night has failed. Some of my neighbours have been
without a phone line the whole time since the storm.

I thought if we could compare notes and let Telstra know there is a
wider problem in addition to individually reporting faults it might
help (never know your luck)? If it helps, the original fault reference
number for what I reported to Telstra is 133543464 (phone 132203).

Cheers,

Adam Ind

David Pearse

Sep 29, 2009, 8:50:57 PM9/29/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

We have had no disruption up on Yanagin Road at all.

Good luck getting it going.

Regards,
David Pearse

Pam Sard

Sep 29, 2009, 10:46:16 PM9/29/09
to green...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adam,

We lost our telphone service twice once on Monday 21st and it was restored
on the Wednesday, then lost it again on Thrusday 24th and it has not been
restored as yet.

Not sure about other residents so it was good to hear from you.

We have contacted Telstra but to no avail. We were told if it is our
tlephone it will cost us over $400 to have the telephone restored - I think
this is geared to stop us complaining. However he did concede that this was
not a fault in our telephone but as the result of line failure, with no
commitment to when it would be restored.

We have teleponed and send a tex message but no result.

Thanks for the numbers will try them again.

Kind regards

Pam

Pamela Sard
EXECUTIVE OFFICER
South Australian Little Athletics Inc.

Office Contact Details
Phone:  8352 8144
Fax:      8352 8155
Mobile:  0412 571 196
Email:   pam...@tpg.com.au

brodie hearne

Sep 30, 2009, 12:34:51 AM9/30/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
My phone was off yesterday but is working ok now.
Thanks

Brodie Hearne
W: 8204-6293
M: 0414935798

> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:56:43 -0700

> Subject: [Greenhill SA] Telstra faults after lightning damage on Thursday night

knock knock

Sep 30, 2009, 1:18:33 AM9/30/09
to Greenhill SA
Hi Adam,

We are with TPG internet and we keep losing our connection and have to
reset the modem all the time.
It was better last night than it had been the previous nights after
Monday.
Thanks
Andrea

On Sep 30, 1:34 pm, brodie hearne <brodiehea...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> My phone was off yesterday but is working ok now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brodie Hearne
> W: 8204-6293
> M: 0414935798
>

> > Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:56:43 -0700
> > Subject: [Greenhill SA] Telstra faults after lightning damage on Thursday night
> > From: adam...@gmail.com
> > To: green...@googlegroups.com
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > I'd be interested to hear if anyone else is without a phone line after
> > the thunderstorm on Thursday night? The Telstra junction box on
> > Greenhill Road in front of my property was scorched by a lightning
> > strike (but repaired on Sunday) - my phone line kept working the whole
> > time but as of last night has failed. Some of my neighbours have been
> > without a phone line the whole time since the storm.
>
> > I thought if we could compare notes and let Telstra know there is a
> > wider problem in addition to individually reporting faults it might
> > help (never know your luck)? If it helps, the original fault reference
> > number for what I reported to Telstra is 133543464 (phone 132203).
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Adam Ind

> POP access for Hotmail is here! Click here to find out morehttp://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=802246

Pam Sard

Sep 30, 2009, 1:57:02 AM9/30/09
to green...@googlegroups.com

That is good news I hope ours is too.  Our telephone sounds like it is ringing when we ring the number but is not ringing inside the house and the line is dead how weird is that?

Nice chatting to you all.

Cheers

Pam

cid:image001.jpg@01C9CC19.93E1B060

Pamela Sard

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

South Australian Little Athletics Inc.

Office Contact Details

Phone:  8352 8144

Fax:      8352 8155

Mobile:  0412 571 196

Email:   pam...@tpg.com.au

Adam Ind

Oct 1, 2009, 6:53:10 AM10/1/09
to Greenhill SA
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Telstra restored our service this afternoon - apparently the cause was
some damaged cabling on Yarrabee Road (which would explain why some of
you had faults too) and a problem with the junction box outside our
house.

Hope this info helps if any of you are still without service - good
luck!

Regards,

Adam

Pam Sard

Oct 1, 2009, 8:35:12 PM10/1/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

You lucky duck - ours is still not restored the latest is it will be fixed
by tonight but we had heard that several times during the week.

Must admit though the latest call to them was much better and they have
diverted all calls to Brian's mobile so at least our family will know we are
home as the incoming dial tone is there.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Pam

Pamela Sard
EXECUTIVE OFFICER
South Australian Little Athletics Inc.

Office Contact Details
Phone:  8352 8144
Fax:      8352 8155
Mobile:  0412 571 196
Email:   pam...@tpg.com.au

Oct 1, 2009, 9:02:47 PM10/1/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pam, thanks for the update. Yeh mine hasn't been working either. I'll see how it goes by the
weekend

cheers Rachel (14)