GCA meeting 23rd August

paul davies

Aug 30, 2012, 11:13:30 PM8/30/12
to Greenhill Community, green...@googlegroups.com

More of a memoir than minutes!!!

Hi All,

My apologies for the tardiness of this, but it’s here now.

The GCA meeting last Thursday was so poorly attended (hopefully due to the weather and not just apathy) that we decided to re-schedule, possibly to the end of October.

Dr John Woodall’s talk on snake bites has been held over ‘till this time.

Some things were however discussed. Philippa Rowland spoke to the select few about the bee in her bonnet re ‘Big Solar” She’s looking for someone to stand with her in front of the Greenhill sign with a poster.

–In spite of the surprising economic arguments against P. I am up for this personally, you could try the facebook page (Greenhill 5140) or write a bit of text to go into an email and I’ll send it out, to drum up more support.

The other main topic of conversation that could not wait was the dumping of rubbish on the CFS bonfire. There have been tyres, bags containing soiled nappies, a sofa, and what looks like a full kitchen. Gavin Threadgold from the CFS explained that they cannot burn such things, and may have to pay for their removal.

The gate is now only open at weekends.

The bonfire is for green waste only.

Unfortunately this trend may lead to the cancelling of the bonfire in future, which would cost the community a great event, and the CFS a valuable training opportunity.

If anyone is aware of who is responsible for this, there is an amnesty if it can be removed, everyone appreciates that it may have been a genuine mistake It can be rectified by calling the CFS on 8390 3550.

It is quite possible that those responsible are not from Greenhill, but if you suspect and find it awkward to approach someone who may not get this email, and you’d like me to do it I will. At least we will know.

Chris Alexander arrived (he said he’d be late) just as we were leaving, it seems in essence that the move to Burnside is moving forward by baby-steps. More detail at the next meeting.

Other items held over include footpaths and dogs.

Hope you can make it when we re-shedule.

Best Regards,

Paul
0406 009 033

Traff & Mary

Sep 4, 2012, 12:17:20 AM9/4/12
to green...@googlegroups.com, Greenhill Community
Big Solar? Can I get more information on this please??

Regards,
Brenton