ContentProvider generation in GreenDao 3

Paweł Stobiecki

Aug 15, 2016, 8:02:39 AM8/15/16
to greenDAO
Hi guys,

I'm in process of migrating an app to GreenDao 3 from v2. GreenDao 2 had a feature that allowed users to generate a ContentProvider for a specific entity type. What is the plan for GreenDao 3 in terms of this feature? Will this be supported, and if so, when can we expect it to show up? This is currently the only blocker stopping me from migrating.

If it's not going to be supported any time soon, do you have any advice on the best way to fix the ContentProvider generated by the generator project for v2 to work with v3? Currently it doesn't compile because of getDatabase() now returning Database (not SQLiteDatabase), which doesn't have the CRUD methods that the generated code requires.

Thanks,
Paweł