The Tracker Backlog—JAN 2018 Newsletter

Morgan from Pivotal Tracker

Jan 24, 2018, 3:10:21 PM1/24/18
to greenbu...@googlegroups.com
Recovering deleted stories, how to be inclusive, PM time in SF, and more
Recovering deleted stories, how to be inclusive, PM time in SF, and more
In this 2018 kickoff issue: recovering deleted stories and blockers on iOS; the small exercise we use to foster a more inclusive workplace; a San Francisco event destined to make you a better PM; how teams use Zapier to integrate Tracker; startup fundraising suggestions for 2018; and advice for altering your iteration length—even in the middle of a project.

Owning up to mistakes is never easy, but undoing them can be! Tracker now allows project owners to recover deleted stories, a feature we intend to continue evolving. We’ve also added blockers to the iOS app, which means you can use your mobile thumbs to identify and add blockers to your heart’s content. Grab the update in the App Store!

Get my precious stories back
Changing group behavior with small actions:
Inclusion Thing of the Week

Inclusion is a topic that has been front of mind on the Tracker team, and while Pivotal has shown that they take the issue seriously, it’s something we wanted to approach on a smaller, team level. Enter: the Inclusion Thing of the Week (#ITotW), a team-sourced, daily reminder of a small behavioral change that can lead to big improvements—and a more inclusive workplace for everyone.

Include me
How to Be the Best Product Manager: Navigating Evolving Tools and Trends

When: Feb 13, 6pm
Where:
 875 Howard St., San Francisco
What are the latest trends in product management? Will what worked for you in 2017 still work in 2018? Tracker is joining with our pals from ProductStack at the SF Pivotal office for this panel discussion/meetup hybrid covering all facets of the rapidly evolving PM world, moderated by Poornima Vijayashanker, and featuring Jeana Alalyaay, Senior Manager at Pivotal; Robin Calhoun, Product Manager at Jama; Amy Chow, global technologist, speaker, and writer; Rose Haft, Founder and CEO at Lumenora; and Jim Semick, Chief Strategist at ProductPlan. We hope to see you in SF!

I want to go to there
Using Zapier to integrate Tracker and boost team productivity

Talk to a member of any team, and you’ll get different responses about the tools they rely on to stay in sync and deliver work. This is why it’s so important for cross-functional and distributed teams to have the flexibility to link disparate tools together. This post looks at how a content management provider and a consultancy use Zapier to integrate Tracker and Trello—with delightful results.

Let's get zapping

Being part of a startup—either as an employee or founder—means you’ll likely have to battle the fundraising monster sooner or later. But how? When? And how much should you ask the monster for? Bitnami’s Erica Brescia joins Build this month to look at all angles of fundraising and how it will affect you in 2018, and Ooshma Garg and Danielle Norrill of XFactor Ventures discuss how to handle rejection.

Show me the money
Why it's OK to change your iteration length in the middle of a project

Switching up your iteration length in the middle of a project may seem risky, but much like rollerskating in a buffalo herd, you can make it work if you have a mind to. And with the right strategy and a few precautions, it might be a good choice.

Gonna make a change
Twitter Facebook LinkedIn
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
875 Howard St. 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA | 94103 US
This email was sent to greenbu...@googlegroups.com.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.