A greener way for urban commute

Yuvraj Sarda

May 31, 2012, 10:35:36 AM5/31/12
to greenbuil...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am an MBA student studying in Birla Institute of Management
Technology, Gr. NOIDA. I am working with Mahindra Reva Electric
Vehicles Pvt Ltd (MREV) on a project that might revolutionize urban
city commuting. I think this is a right forum to share it so I am
emailing this. MREV is planning to start a self-drive electric car
rental service in Bangalore with its upcoming car called NXR. We refer
to it as "Rent-a-Reva".

Service: A fleet of electric car, NXR will be parked at the apartment
complex's/society's parking. The user can, at any point of time, rent
the car and use it while self-driving. S/he can then pay as per the
usage on an hourly basis. The idea is to provide easy access to green
commuting alternative, for all their daily needs, etc.

Some of the benefits of the proposed service are:

For the customers:
·         24x7 self-drive, no-hassle, car rental service right at
their door step
·         Pay-per-use (on hourly basis)
·         Flexibility of usage, no waiting period, hassles or haggles
·         Freedom to use the car as your own
·         A perfect substitute for a second car; now no need to go for
another vehicle
·         Save the expense of buying an extra vehicle for the
irregular usage, grocery, shopping, dropping kids to school, shopping
and other city commuting needs
For the Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs):
·         A valuable and convenient service to the residents
·         A transparent revenue sharing model where the costs and
profits can be shared proportionally
·         Completely flexible business model that can be tailor made
to meet your apartment’s needs and demands
·         Reduced pollution in your community

 The operational details could be worked out once we understand the
demand for the same. I sincerely request you to fill up this survey
(follow the below link) and help us to build a greener planet.

https://docs.google.com/a/bimtech.ac.in/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFI2bk9odDMwSDVka2NxYlVrSzQ2OFE6MQ

If you think this could be a useful service at any of your friend's
apartment, kindly let me know.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Yuvraj Sarda
Birla Institute of Management Technology
8105148198