Farmers Market Digest, November 22nd

India Keller

Nov 22, 2013, 3:40:46 PM11/22/13
to greenbrier-...@googlegroups.com

GVLFI Farmers Market Digest

November 22, 2013

This is the last Farmers Market Digest of the year! If you have any information or announcements to share, please email us at gvloc...@gmail.com.

There are still plenty of local foods available throughout the Greenbrier Valley, despite the cold weather and off season for many local markets! For more information, please visit www.greenbriervalley.org, or email us at gvloc...@gmail.com.

Alderson Community Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 12:30pm in the lot of the Greenbrier River Interpretive Center along Route 12

Please join us for an Open House, Sunday, December 8th!

3pm - 6pm

Wolf Creek Gallery in Alderson, next to the Alderson Thrift Store along Route 12

Learn about our various projects and how you can get involved, while enjoying live music, local treats, good company, and holiday cheer!

* The Alderson Community Market is a program of the Alderson Community Food Hub, and supported by the One Foundation, Alderson Main Street, and the Town of Alderson.

* We may not be at the Interpretive Center on Saturdays until next spring, but we're open at the Alderson Green Grocer co-op, located inside Wolf Creek Gallery in Alderson. Stop in and browse the produce, local meats, eggs, WV made products, cheeses and other healthy snacks we have on offer. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm.

* Become a member and support our efforts to bring local food to Alderson, with a variety of member benefits.

***Alderson Community Market and Green Grocer Co-op now accept SNAP and credit cards!

To learn more about the Alderson Community Food Hub and for a schedule of upcoming events, email us at alderso...@gmail.com or visit www.aldersonfoodhub.org .

Alderson Community Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:00am - 1:00pm at the green lot next to Arbuckle Lane and 219 in Lewisburg

GVFM is closed for the season. See you next year!
Follow Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 1:00pm between the Post Office and Methodist Church in downtown Lewisburg

This Saturday is your last chance of 2013 to support the vendors of the Lewisburg Farmers Market.  Rain or shine they will be there with lots to offer.  Saturday will be the perfect day to stock up for Thanksgiving and for the winter!

The Lewisburg Farmers Market would like to thank everyone who supported them this year.  Everyone's involvement and participation made for a very successful market season.  For over a decade the Lewisburg Farmers Market has been providing the community with the highest quality locally produced goods around, and they will continue to do so in 2014.  If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for the Lewisburg Farmers Market you can contact them at www.lewisburgfarmersmarket.com.

Available This Week:

Azimuth Organics

Salad Mix.............................$4.00 for 8 oz

Stir Fry Mix..........................$3.75 for 8 oz

Dogwood Hill

Carrots.................................$1.50 per pound

Kale.....................................$250 for 6 oz

Potatoes..............................$1.00 per pound

Pork Sausage......................$4.25 per pound

Ground Chuck......................$5.25 per pound

Biscotti................................$1.00-$1.25

Rainbow Farm

Shiitake Mushrooms.................$8.00 per pound

Arugula....................................$8.00 per pound

Cornish Hens...........................$4.25 per pound

Whole Chicken.........................$3.50 per pound

Rolling Dough Kitchens

Holiday Pies............................ $12-$16

Salt Rising Bread..................... $7

Jalapeno Cheddar Loaf...............$5

WV Red Spring Wheat Bread.....$5

Learn more about Lewisburg Farmers Market at www.lewisburgfarmersmarket.com.

Follow Lewisburg Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Monroe Farm Market Cooperative- Open YEAR-ROUND!

Order fresh local produce, herbs, meats, baked goods, eggs, candles, soaps, and more ONLINE!

www.MonroeFarmMarket.com

Our online marketplace opens Sundays at 8:00pm and closes on Tuesdays at noon, with Thursday deliveries to Union, Lewisburg, and Charleston.

We are now open every-other-week. The next ordering period begins Sunday, December 1st, with deliveries on Thursday, December 5th.

***Monroe Farm Market Cooperative is an aggregator and online marketplace of locally grown and produced food. We make it possible for farmers to work together to meet the growing demand for local, sustainable food in southeastern West Virginia. Our marketplace brings fresh, healthy, locally grown and produced food to buyers in a cost-effective manner on a weekly and bi-weekly basis.

Thank you for supporting West Virginia Growing for West Virginia!

Follow Monroe Farm Market on Facebook!

Monroe Farm Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Pocahontas County Farmers Market- 3 locations! Accepts SNAP!

PCFM is done for the season. See you next year!

The Pocahontas County Farmers Market provides fresh food and local artisan work to our community and visitors from May into October. Our goal is to increase access to fresh, locally produced, nourishing and safe foods for all people — from children to seniors. We encourage, support and promote the entrepreneurial efforts of local, independent and small-scale farmers, local growers and local artisans who seek to sell their products/produce directly to local consumers and restaurants. We create an opportunity for people to meet, eat, share stories, recipes and knowledge in a safe place dedicated to the cultivation of local products and talents. Finally we create an atmosphere that serves not only the market but also contributes to a prosperous rural area and promotes a sense of community.

Follow Pocahontas County Farmers Market on Facebook!

Tractor Supply Wednesday Farmers Market

Wednesdays, 9:00am - 1:00pm at the parking lot of Fairlea Tractor Supply, across from Kroger

Featuring Pork, Beef, Vegetables, Pies and other Baked Goods, Eggs and Bedding Plants.

Always FRESH, LOCAL & NEIGHBORLY

***Please let me know if you have any additions or changes, or would like more information. Have a great  weekend!