Farmers Market Digest, November 15th

India Keller

Nov 15, 2013, 2:47:44 PM11/15/13
to greenbrier-...@googlegroups.com

GVLFI Farmers Market Digest

November 15, 2013

Attention: This is the second to last Farmers Market Digest of the year! If you have any information that you would like to share with us on behalf of your market for next week’s edition, please email me by Thursday, November 21st. Thank you!

Alderson Community Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 12:30pm in the lot of the Greenbrier River Interpretive Center along Route 12 in Alderson

Join the Alderson Community Food Hub for a Holiday Open House on Sunday, December 8th!

3pm - 6pm

Wolf Creek Gallery in Alderson, next to the Alderson Thrift Store

We may not be at the Interpretive Center on Saturdays until next spring, but we're always open at the Alderson Green Grocer co-op, located next to the Thrift Store. Stop in and browse the produce, local meats, eggs, WV made products, cheeses and other healthy snacks we have on offer.

* The Alderson Community Market is a program of the Alderson Community Food Hub, and supported by the One Foundation, Alderson Main Street, and the Town of Alderson.

* Stop by our Green Grocer Co-op inside Wolf Creek Gallery in Alderson for more local and WV foods! Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm.

* Become a member and support our efforts to bring local food to Alderson, with a variety of member benefits.

***Alderson Community Market and Green Grocer Co-op now accept SNAP and credit cards!

To learn more about the Alderson Community Food Hub and for a schedule of upcoming events, email us at alderso...@gmail.com or visit www.aldersonfoodhub.org .

Alderson Community Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:00am - 1:00pm at the green lot next to Arbuckle Lane and 219 in Lewisburg

GVFM is closed for the season. See you next year!
Follow Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 1:00pm between the Post Office and Methodist Church in downtown Lewisburg

The Lewisburg Farmers Market would like to thank everyone who came out in support of the market last Saturday night for our first annual Community Harvest Dinner.  The vendors of the market prepared delicious local foods, local musicians (Don Delaney, Bob Adams, Shashanna Schwimmer, and Laurie Evans) entertained the group with wonderful music, and Ross Weisiger taught the Virginia Reel.  A good time was had by all.  Thank you to everyone who helped make the harvest dinner a great success.  If you weren't able to  attend the dinner, check out the Lewisburg Farmers Market's facebook page to see what fun was had.

The market is still open for the season.  The vendors are there because of the wonderful community in Lewisburg; so stop by this Saturday and stock up for winter!

Available This Week:

Azimuth Organics

Salad Mix..........................$4.00 for 8oz

Dogwood Hill

Pork Sausage.....................$4.25 per pound

Fresh Bacon.......................$5.25 per pound

Ground Beef.......................$5.25-5.75 per pound

Beets................................$1.50 per pound

Kale..................................$2.50 for 6oz

Nutty Knoll Farm

Butternut Squash..................$1.25 per pound

Buttercup Squash.................$0.75 per pound

Jerusalem Artichoke..............$2.00 per pound

Rainbow Farm

Sweet Potatoes...................$2.00 per pound

Cornish Hens......................$4.25 per pound

Whole Chicken....................$3.50 per pound

Rolling Dough Kitchens

Salt Rising Bread................$7.00 per loaf

Jalapeno Bread...................$5.00 per loaf

Wheat Bread......................$5.00 per loaf

Pumpkin Pies.....................$14.00 each

Sensorium Herbals, LLC

Cold and Flu Relief Tea..........$8.00 for 2oz

Body Butter..........................$7.50 small

Elderberry Syrup...................$10.00

Learn more about Lewisburg Farmers Market at www.lewisburgfarmersmarket.com.

Follow Lewisburg Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Monroe Farm Market Cooperative- Open year-round!

Order fresh local produce, herbs, meats, baked goods, eggs, candles, soaps, and more ONLINE!

www.MonroeFarmMarket.com

Our online marketplace opens Sundays at 8:00pm and closes on Tuesdays at noon, with Thursday deliveries to Union, Lewisburg, and Charleston.

We are now open every-other-week. The next ordering period begins this Sunday, November 17th, with deliveries on Thursday, November 21st.

This is the last order before Thanksgiving! Be sure to stock up on fresh produce, meats, and other delicious, fresh and homemade goodies for your holiday celebrations.

***Monroe Farm Market Cooperative is an aggregator and online marketplace of locally grown and produced food. We make it possible for farmers to work together to meet the growing demand for local, sustainable food in southeastern West Virginia. Our marketplace brings fresh, healthy, locally grown and produced food to buyers in a cost-effective manner on a weekly and bi-weekly basis.

Thank you for supporting West Virginia Growing for West Virginia!

Follow Monroe Farm Market on Facebook!

Monroe Farm Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Pocahontas County Farmers Market- 3 locations! Accepts SNAP!

PCFM is done for the season. See you next year!

The Pocahontas County Farmers Market provides fresh food and local artisan work to our community and visitors from May into October. Our goal is to increase access to fresh, locally produced, nourishing and safe foods for all people — from children to seniors. We encourage, support and promote the entrepreneurial efforts of local, independent and small-scale farmers, local growers and local artisans who seek to sell their products/produce directly to local consumers and restaurants. We create an opportunity for people to meet, eat, share stories, recipes and knowledge in a safe place dedicated to the cultivation of local products and talents. Finally we create an atmosphere that serves not only the market but also contributes to a prosperous rural area and promotes a sense of community.

Follow Pocahontas County Farmers Market on Facebook!

Tractor Supply Wednesday Farmers Market

Wednesdays, 9:00am - 1:00pm at the parking lot of Fairlea Tractor Supply, across from Kroger

Featuring Pork, Beef, Vegetables, Pies and other Baked Goods, Eggs and Bedding Plants.

Always FRESH, LOCAL & NEIGHBORLY

***Please let me know if you have any additions or changes, or would like more information. Have a great weekend!