Farmers Market Digest, November 8th

India Keller

Nov 8, 2013, 3:11:11 PM11/8/13
to greenbrier-...@googlegroups.com

GVLFI Farmers Market Digest

November 8, 2013

Alderson Community Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 12:30pm in the lot of the Greenbrier River Interpretive Center along Route 12 in Alderson

We're done for the season!

Thanks to all the producers, craftspeople, volunteers and community members who made this year's market possible. We feel it was a big success.

We may not be at the Interpretive Center on Saturdays until next spring, but we're always open at the Alderson Green Grocer co-op, located next to the Thrift Store. Stop in and browse the produce, local meats, eggs, WV made products, cheeses and other healthy snacks we have on offer.

* The Alderson Community Market is a program of the Alderson Community Food Hub, and supported by the One Foundation, Alderson Main Street, and the Town of Alderson.

* Stop by our Green Grocer Co-op inside Wolf Creek Gallery in Alderson for more local and WV foods, next to the Alderson Thrift Store! Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm.

* Become a member and support our efforts to bring local food to Alderson, with a variety of member benefits.

***Alderson Community Market and Green Grocer Co-op now accept SNAP and credit cards!

To learn more about the Alderson Community Food Hub and for a schedule of upcoming events, email us at alderso...@gmail.com or visit www.aldersonfoodhub.org .

Alderson Community Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:00am - 1:00pm at the green lot next to Arbuckle Lane and 219 in Lewisburg

GVFM is closed for the season. See you next year!
Follow Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market

Saturdays, 8:30am - 1:00pm between the Post Office and Methodist Church in downtown Lewisburg

The Lewisburg Farmers Market is hosting a Community Harvest Dinner this Saturday at the Lewisburg United Methodist Church from 6-8 pm. Tickets are still available at the market on Saturday, at Hill and Holler, or by emailing lewisburgfa...@gmail.com.  Buy in advance and pay $15 or pay $20 at the door.

The vendors of the market are very excited to share with the community a menu of delicious, locally grown foods! You can look forward to:

* Mixed greens salad with carrots and beets, a collaborative effort from Azimuth Organics, Dogwood Hill, and Rainbow Farm

* Hot pepper poppers from On a Shoestring

* Chicken Cacciatore from Rainbow Farm

* Beef Bourguignon & BBQ Pork from Dogwood Hill

* Twice baked and stuffed sweet potatoes from Azimuth Organics

* Pumpkin soup from Rainbow Farm made by Market Manager, Emily Landseidel

* Venison stew from Bootstraps Farm

* Roasted fall vegetables from Lephew's Produce and Azimuth Organics,

* Savory breads from Something Different

* Pears from Talking Hill

* Pies from Rolling Dough Kitchen

* Holy Basil Tea from Sensorium Herbals, LLC..

We hope to see you at the dinner.

Available This Week:

Bootstraps Farm

Apples...........................$2.00 per pound

Salad Mix......................$4.00 for 5 oz

Sweet Peppers..............$2.50 per pound

Mustard Greens.............$4.00 for 8 oz

Spinach.........................$4.00 for 5 oz

Dogwood Hill Natural Gardens

Beef...........................$5.25 and up

Pork...........................$4.25 and up

Kale...........................$2.50 for 6 oz

Potatoes.....................$1.00 per pound

Ginger.........................$8.00 per pound

Rainbow Farm

Arugula........................$4.00 for 8 oz

Cornish Hens...............$4.25 per pound

Whole Chicken.............$3.50 per pound

Sweet Potatoes........... $2.00 per pound

Rolling Dough Kitchens

Seasonal Fresh Fruit Pies..............$16.00

Salt Rising Bread...........................$7.00

Jalapeno Cheddar Loaves...............$5.00

Learn more about Lewisburg Farmers Market at www.lewisburgfarmersmarket.com.

Follow Lewisburg Farmers Market on Facebook!

Lewisburg Farmers Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Monroe Farm Market Cooperative- Open year-round!

Order fresh local produce, herbs, meats, baked goods, eggs, candles, soaps, and more ONLINE!

www.MonroeFarmMarket.com

Our online marketplace opens Sundays at 8:00pm and closes on Tuesdays at noon, with Thursday deliveries to Union, Lewisburg, and Charleston.

We are now open every-other-week. The next ordering period begins Sunday, November 17th, with deliveries on Thursday, November 21st.

***Monroe Farm Market Cooperative is an aggregator and online marketplace of locally grown and produced food. We make it possible for farmers to work together to meet the growing demand for local, sustainable food in southeastern West Virginia. Our marketplace brings fresh, healthy, locally grown and produced food to buyers in a cost-effective manner on a weekly and bi-weekly basis.

Thank you for supporting West Virginia Growing for West Virginia!

Follow Monroe Farm Market on Facebook!

Monroe Farm Market is Greenbrier Valley Grown certified!

Pocahontas County Farmers Market- 3 locations! Accepts SNAP!

PCFM is done for the season. See you next year!

The Pocahontas County Farmers Market provides fresh food and local artisan work to our community and visitors from May into October. Our goal is to increase access to fresh, locally produced, nourishing and safe foods for all people — from children to seniors. We encourage, support and promote the entrepreneurial efforts of local, independent and small-scale farmers, local growers and local artisans who seek to sell their products/produce directly to local consumers and restaurants. We create an opportunity for people to meet, eat, share stories, recipes and knowledge in a safe place dedicated to the cultivation of local products and talents. Finally we create an atmosphere that serves not only the market but also contributes to a prosperous rural area and promotes a sense of community.

Follow Pocahontas County Farmers Market on Facebook!

Tractor Supply Wednesday Farmers Market

Wednesdays, 9:00am - 1:00pm at the parking lot of Fairlea Tractor Supply, across from Kroger

Featuring Pork, Beef, Vegetables, Pies and other Baked Goods, Eggs and Bedding Plants.

Always FRESH, LOCAL & NEIGHBORLY

***Attention market managers/spokespeople! Feel free to contact me with market updates and announcements to feature in this weekly farmers market digest and please let me know if you have any additions or changes, or would like more information. Have a great weekend!