Cool Tool

LeRoy Harvey

Dec 19, 2023, 3:58:59 PM12/19/23
to LeRoy Harvey

Hi Friends,

Imagine uploading a 37 page document, written in legalese, and wondering what it really says.

That’s about the size of the Wetland Protection section in our 500+ page Code of Ordinances.   So… I gave it a try!  (first I tried the entire Code but there’s a 100 page limit)

Kamic Jok, a Meridian IT Technician, recently shared an interesting tool that lets you analyze and ask questions related to a PDF (and other format documents).  It’s called Ask Your PDF

https://askyourpdf.com/ and it’s free.

Here are the results of a few questions I asked (attached).

No – it’s probably not as helpful as calling up our Planning Staff, but it’s an example of just one of the ways AI  (artificial intelligence) might help us in learning and deciphering information!

This tool also can analyze txt, ppt, pptx, csv, rtf, and other files.   With literally trillions of PDFs out there, the possibilities are mind-boggling.

Thank you Kam!

Thoughts are welcome!

LeRoy

LeRoy Harvey

Environmental Programs Coordinator

har...@meridian.mi.us

W 517.853.4466 | C 517.505.2809

meridian.mi.us/greenmeridian
Green Gazette and other helpful links:  bit.ly/gg-directory

Wetland_Protection.pdf_2023-12-19_15-32-46 Copy.pdf