Green Events - Home & Landscape Tour & Green Team meeting Thursday 4-5.

LeRoy Harvey

Sep 11, 2023, 11:39:24 AM9/11/23
to LeRoy Harvey

Hello Friends & Green Team *

We’re a few week away from a Sustainable Home & Landscape Tour (or Fall Meridian Eco-Tour) currently planned for Oct 7th and I will appreciate your thoughts and involvement if you have a few minutes….

As you may know, this Fall “Eco-Tour” is an opportunity showcase a few of Meridian’s “Green Features” – gardens, solar systems, natural shorelines, parks, trails, etc.  In the past, we’ve shared the Meridian Green Map http://bit.ly/meridiangreenmap, had a table at the Meridian Market, and a bike tour (see attached).  It’s also an opportunity to promote the Fall Native Plant Sale at Harris Nature Center and “Planting a Native Meridian.”

If you have a home, garden, renewable energy system, pictures, or other feature you’d like added to the Green Map or featured on a tour, please let me know!  We can get by with what we have, but YOU can help make this Tour even better!

*The Green Team meets this Thursday at 4pm at the Chapbook Café in Schulers Book Store at the Mall to discuss the upcoming electronics recycling, coat drive, appliance take-back event at Chippewa on the 23rd. I’ve also attached the Electronic/Coat Collection flyer to share! If you’re not on the “Green Team” and would like to be more involved in organizing green events during the year, feel free to join us J J J J J

Thanks for any thoughts, help, passing the word, and of course for just doing what you do and being you!  (as if you had a choice J).

LeRoy

LeRoy Harvey

Environmental Programs Coordinator

har...@meridian.mi.us

W 517.853.4466 | C 517.505.2809

meridian.mi.us/greenmeridian
Green Gazette and other helpful links:  bit.ly/gg-directory

10-Mile Bike Tour.pdf
Recycling Flyers 2023 Master.4 (2).jpg