Fw: News from Scenic Pittsburgh

J Cleo Zell

Mar 9, 2012, 3:30:52 PM3/9/12
to Green Lawrenceville
Greetings Green LV! This might be of interest to you.  Feel free to read, pass along, or delete :-).  Thanks for listening, Cleo and Deirdre

Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed an interest in Scenic Pittsburgh. Don't forget to add dave...@scenicpittsburgh.org to your address book so we'll be sure to land in your inbox!

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.
Scenic Pittsburgh logo

Like us on Facebook

Join Our Mailing List
    March 8, 2012

Scenic Pittsburgh Discusses Scenic Design With Riverhounds Stadium Developer

 Dear Friend of Scenic Pittsburgh,

 Several months ago, Millcraft Industries approached Scenic Pittsburgh to discuss the visual impact of a proposed multi-sport stadium near Station Square. The new stadium would be home to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds Soccer Team and would occupy a prominent place on Pittsburgh's riverfront.

 We suggested that any product advertising not be visible from the river or the Pittsburgh overlooks and that sponsorship signs should be subdued and tastefully incorporated into the design of the stadium.

 When Millcraft introduced the final plans for their stadium last week, we were impressed and pleased they designed an eye-pleasing structure that respects the surrounding environment, maintains the riverfront trail, has well designed sponsorship signs and no external billboard advertising.

 We want to sincerely thank Chad Wheatley, Director of Construction for Millcraft Industries and Riverhounds CEO Jason Kutney for their care and consideration in planning this important project. We believe this stadium will truly be an asset to our city and waterfront.

 Also, check out the trailer for the movie "This Space Available", a new movie about billboards, visual pollution, and what communities are doing to stop it. We are working with Scenic America to arrange a screening for the movie here in Pittsburgh in the near future.

 Scenic Pittsburgh thanks you for your continued support for the cause of scenic preservation.

Sincerely,

Dave Demko
Scenic Pittsburgh
412-773-7155

Frank Lloyd Wright - "Beauty dissolves conflicts, quiets us within, inspires us, creates a sense of happiness and serenity, refreshes us, and consoles us in times of depression. Beauty is not unnecessary or impractical".
This email was sent to jcz...@yahoo.com by da...@scenicpittsburgh.org |
Scenic Pittsburgh | 64 South 14th Street | 64 South 14th Street | PITTSBURGH | PA | 15203