Fw: Help us get to 20,000 for a moratorium

1 view

J Cleo Zell

Feb 21, 2012, 10:33:21 AM2/21/12
to Green Lawrenceville
Ok- so this is slightly political, but I thought many people on the list would be interested in adding their names.
Happy Shrove Tuesday everyone!
Cleo

Our environment and health first. Sign the petition.
Friends,
I just joined over 11,000 Pennsylvanians who are calling on Gov. Corbett and Pennsylvania legislators to put our health and environment first when it comes to gas drilling.
Click here to join me: http://bit.ly/PANoFrack
I joined this call because we can’t allow 50,000 drilling platforms to mar the hills and valleys of Pennsylvania. I don't want my family and friends to worry about finding benzene, toluene and other toxic chemicals in our drinking water.
That's why I want to give them something they can't ignore: 20,000 Pennsylvanians who demand a moratorium on drilling until its guaranteed safe for our health and environment.
Why? Because the gas industry is spending millions of dollars on TV ad campaigns, high-paid lobbyists like former Gov. Tom Ridge, and campaign contributions for top elected officials — and not surprisingly, this had led to the governor and the Republican-led Legislature being too cozy with the gas industry to rein them in. It’s sad, but in Harrisburg money talks.
Will you join me in signing the petition. Just click here to see the petition: http://bit.ly/PANoFrack
Thanks