Webinar: Guidance for the Sustainable Procurement of Laboratory Supplies

Star Scott

Nov 29, 2022, 2:00:32 PM11/29/22
to green-lab...@googlegroups.com

Hey Green Labs fam,

I meant to send this out much sooner, sorry…..but, it’s not too late to sign up if you’re interested.

Join us tomorrow Wednesday Nov. 30th at 2 pm ET for an AASHE webinar covering the SPLC Guidance Document for the Sustainable Procurement of Laboratory Supplies. You can register for free here.

Best,

Star

Star Scott

Green Lab Program Coordinator she/her/hers

Facilities Management Division  |  University of Georgia

Chicopee No.1, 1180 E. Broad Street, Athens, GA 30602

Office: 706.542.7884  |  Fax: 706.542.7679

star...@uga.edu  | https://greenlab.uga.edu

I humbly acknowledge and honor the land and people of the Mvskoke/Muscogee Creek and Tsalaguwetiyi/Cherokee Nations on whose ancestral land University of Georgia is located, and I acknowledge and grieve for those enslaved people who were forcibly brought to these lands.

Allen Doyle

Nov 30, 2022, 7:12:22 AM11/30/22
to green-lab...@googlegroups.com
This is great, Star,
         Procurement is the sleeping giant of Scope 3 GHG emissions and resource impact, and deserves focused attention of Green Labs Champions, and education our procurement colleagues at every level (there are 3-4 levels of procurement).
         I am hopeful SPLC will bring some discipline and quantification of KPI"s to lab supplies: RFP's, contract bids, reviews and awards, then institutions will have meaningful benchmarks for quarterly business reviews to review their suppliers, especially the big distributors, (Fisher VWR, Thomas, )  Sustainability champions need tools at this phase to assist their procurement colleagues to make progress.
        In Higher Ed, these tools and QBR's could be part of hands-on training for students.  See if you can bring a class, or show the recording to a student workshop.
        Looking forward to it.
        Allen

** Please remember to change the subject header if you change topics **
---

            805 729 1581 (c)
            MS Chemical Oceanography; CEM; LEED AP
In the future, people will bring grocery carts into the store from the parking lot.
            Keep Thinkin' UPstream!