Histology plastic buckets for paraffin dispensing - alternative

anu verma

Apr 15, 2022, 3:51:21 PM4/15/22
to green-lab...@googlegroups.com
Hello. My lab is looking for alternatives to plastics buckets, which the lab uses to dispense clean melted paraffin into the embedding center. Over time the paraffin accumulates on these plastic buckets and that’s when they are thrown and another set is used for dispensing. Clearly a huge waste. Really need help and wonder if we can use a store bought metal bucket which can be placed in oven for cleaning out the paraffin, a step which we can’t perform on plastic buckets.
Also how do you dispense old paraffin from the tissue processor without wasting a plastic bucket ( right now old paraffin is collected in a clean plastic bucket which is thrown in trash along with dirty paraffin.).

Will look forward to responses.
Anu Verma
Loyola University Medical Center
Maywood