Looking for People who have married in less than Rs. 10000 !

Ankit Das

Mar 7, 2021, 7:40:43 AM3/7/21
to Proshik Prastuti, banjaraa [network], Priyansha Shankar, ashish raut
Hi,

I have always been vocal about rising expenditure during marriage ceremonies and the unnecessary social constructs around spending much much more. Slowly, even people in rural India picked up on this and now spending by taking loans for marriage and later on suffering in life. I am aware that court marriage in India costs around Rs. 240 (including photocopying and no lawyer is involved). I am also aware that practically most people don't want hassles during marriage (and more often its social show-off) and hence spends money like water.

However, I am looking forward to learn about couples and people who have consciously chosen to keep their expenditure less than Rs. 10000 (any amount upto Rs. 10000) and understand their struggles, challenges and motivations to be able to put up in an article and publish it. This is part of my efforts to 'create a positive' culture towards motivating couples and youngsters going to marry in future towards consciously spending less on marriage, and using the money (if they have a lot) for meaningful things in life.

It will be helpful even if you can refer to friends, provide references etc. Just to clarify, I am in no way against those who have chosen to spend a lot during marriage, as its a personal choice. My work is to influence and promote social ideas which can motivate people and not to sham the others.

P.S.: I am also looking for a co-writer for many stories sitting at my end, waiting to be written for people to read, which I am unable to write myself due to lack of time and lots of travel. I eventually need just one co-writer with whom I can connect and we can begin the journey with this particular article.

---
ankit das (linkedin | profile)
founder, sevak
banjaraa & Jeevan Shiksha

facebook twitter instagram tumblr
₺: 8308436733 (whatsapp/signal)
I am always actively looking to connect with passionate and compassionate individuals who look beyond money and individualism and willing to dive into the sea of uncertainty.