CGNAT and 5G etc.

Steve L

Jun 17, 2022, 5:18:43 PM6/17/22
to green-bay-lin...@googlegroups.com, gb-digital
This list has been pretty quiet. There are some new internet options
in Green Bay or soon to be. The 5G home internet services are pretty
reasonable, while you'll get IPV6 support, your IPV4 will be carrier
graded NAT'd. So if you need outside access you'll be looking at
spinning up a VPN on a VPS or something.

I've been running dual stack for a number of years now with Spectrum
as my internet provider.

I also see TDS Fiber is coming to the Allouez area. I'm not sure if
they will be dual stack.

I welcome folks to discuss this all and what they are using as a
router and how they are configuring it to support legacy inbound IPv4
etc. I feel this is a good topic for folks to learn from.