Restarting the Greater Lansing Java User Group

Yong Lim

Jan 25, 2017, 11:23:09 PM1/25/17
to GreaterLansingJUG
Hi Everyone,

There has been interest in meeting again.  I have a volunteer presenter to talk about Scala.
We are trying to decide which day to meet will be better.

We used to meet on Tuesdays but seems like there are other groups in the area that meet at that time too.
So we checked with some other groups (www.lansing.codes), and some suggested Wednesdays.

Please tell us if you have any preference on the meeting day and of any other group meeting conflicts.
Please also tell us if you have any suggestion on discussion topics.

Our plan is to have a meeting sometime in February or March.
I have setup a new Slack channel for discussion, and will be sending out invites based on the emails in this Google Group.

Yong Lim

Jan 26, 2017, 11:04:31 PM1/26/17
to GreaterLansingJUG
There were some suggestions that we should use the channel in the LansingCodes.slack.com, rather than another separate Slack Team.
I think that make senses, since alot of other members in the LansingCodes channels would also be interested in joining in discussion with our JUG channel.

If there is no strong objections, I will close off the LansingJUG Slack Team and create a channel in LansingCodes
In fact, I have already created a LansingJug channel :
https://lansingcodes.slack.com/messages/lansingjug/