local Scrum class this June

Robert Kalman

May 13, 2016, 12:51:58 PM5/13/16
to greaterl...@googlegroups.com

The next Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) class in Farmington Hills is June 20 and 21.

Why take Scrum training from us?

Michigan Technology Services is a local company, with a physical presence in Farmington Hills.  We offer instructor-led Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training, as well as other Agile and Scrum courses, through a partnership with the only Scrum Alliance authorized Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) based in Michigan. Chet Hendrickson has a quarter century’s experience in information technology and software development. He has been active in Agile software development since its beginning. Chet was the first signatory of the Agile Manifesto.

While many CST’s fly into metro Detroit to deliver a class, and then leave, we live here and support the local Agile community. In fact, we just helped sponsor the very successful Agile and Beyond 2016 Conference in Ypsilanti, attended by over 700 people from all over North America (and amazingly, a couple from Europe).

Who should take Scrum training?

Scrum is not just for programmers. Project managers, business analysts, technical writers, QA staff, testers - as well as developers - have all found value in our instruction.

How to reach us?

Call us @ 248-489-0408 for information about our Agile courses, and/or visit our following CSM web page for details about enrolling in our June CSM class.

The $1,295/student investment, reduced to $995/student through June 2, covers your training and exam…and our continued support of the Michigan (and Midwest) Agile community.

Rob Kalman

Michigan Technology Services – Farmington Hills

248-489-0408

Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Citrix, Oracle, Java, Linux, Agile, Business Analysis, PMI/PMP, ITIL and CompTIA A+/N+ training & consulting

Networking, Database, Programming, Virtualization, Security, Web and CompTIA Classes

** Featuring **  Scrum Alliance Agile Training – CSM, CSPO & CSD classes in 2016

For Training:      www.MichiganComputerTraining.com

For Consulting:  www.MichiganTechnologyServices.com

What is Scrum?

A short video that the Scrum Alliance produced describing Scrum….

The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course is a two-day, entry-level course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®. The CSM course is designed to cover all the basics of Scrum so you can begin to fulfill the Scrum Master role.

In the CSM course, you will learn about:

  • Scrum basics and core values
  • How the Scrum framework compares to other methods, such as waterfall
  • How to identify when to use Scrum
  • A Scrum team’s three roles and responsibilities
  • Scrum meetings, including the Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Release Planning
  • Sprint Backlog and Product Backlog
  • Scrum artifacts, including the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Burndown Charts