Acting Opportunities

Jane Zussman

Jun 13, 2024, 10:04:25 AMJun 13
to Jane Zussman
EMERGING PLAYWRIGHTS
Casting Call for 2024 Festival

Riverwalk Theatre is recruiting 10 actors, 4 male and 6 female, to appear in five short
plays to be presented at the Emerging Playwrights Festival. Each script is 12 pages or
less. Two scripts will be staged as full productions, and three will be staged readings.
All are original plays written by students who won the 2024 Emerging Playwrights
competition.

Twenty roles are involved so actors will potentially play more than one role.
Roles:
2 males - 30-45, any ethnicity
2 males – 17- 35, any ethnicity
2 female- 25-45, any ethnicity
5 females – 18-40, any ethnicity

Rehearsals will occur Sunday-Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30 pm beginning on
Sunday, July 14. Staged readings will have three rehearsals before the performances
on Saturday, August 3. The full productions will have 12 rehearsals before the
performances on August 3.

If interested, please contact Tom Ferris as soon as possible.
Email - tjfer...@gmail.com
Text – 517.242.4742

EMERGING PLAYWRIGHTS
Plays and Characters
1. Roses Are Red (Full Production)
Synopsis: What if a color were to disappear? How would that affect other colors?
Characters:
Green/Greta: (Female, 20-40)
Blue/Ben Loue: (Male, 20-40)
Reida/Red (Female, 20-40) Has amnesia and does not know who or what she is.
Nurse (Male/Female 25-50)
2. Butterfly Grief (Full Production)
Synopsis: Daphne’s father left her, her mother and her older brother destitute a couple of years ago. Since
then, her brother struggles to support the family. Daphne lives a carefree life until her brother is seriously
injured in a car crash.
Characters:
Daphne – (Female – 16) She has long blond hair, muscular carefree teen who loves to dance.
Eric – (Male – 18, brown hair, freckles) Daphne’s brother who worries about how he will continue to support
Daphne and their mother since their father left them.
Love (Female - 16-17) Daphne’s friend
Ma (Female – 35-45) Daphne’s small and weak mother
3. Buddy’s Pizza (Staged Reading)
Synopsis: Jody’s first day at the pizza parlor is busy with strange orders and unusual customers.
Characters:
Jody – (Male, 16-18)
Stacey – (Female, 18-23, Young mother)
Gwen – (Female, 20-30)
Roger – (Male 25-35)
4. Strangers Like Us (Staged Reading)
Synopsis: Henry’s marriage is falling apart. In an attempt to rekindle the relationship, he asks his wife to go to
an art gallery as a date night. Does he, or does he not encounter an artist who is also discontented with her
art?
Characters:
Henry – (Male, mid-20’s) Timid and discontented
Partner 2 – (Female, mid-20’s Henry’s wife, self-centered
Artist X – (Female mid-20’s)
Woman – (Female, mid-20’s) Twin sister to Artist X
5. Women at Housework (Staged Reading)
Synopsis: Alice worked in a factory during WW I until her husband returned home in 1920. She struggles with
how her life has changed.
Characters:
Alice Mason - (Female, 30) Unhappy housewife with two children in 1920’s America
Thomas Mason - (Male, 32) Alice’s domineering husband
Ruth Werner - (Female, 29) Alice’s friend
__________________

MSU Film seeks actors

My name is Simon Richards, and I am a fourth-year film production student at Michigan State University. I am currently casting for a short film

If you would like more information about the project, I would be happy to provide further details. Additionally, I have included a link to our Seed&Spark page below.

Seed&Spark: https://seedandspark.com/fund/tomato-soup#story

Tomato Soup is a short film being spearheaded by a handful of MSU film production students and independent filmmakers based in Michigan being shot in early August 2024. Production will last 4 days with a payment of $150 per day for our lead actors.

We're casting for our two main characters:
Dodd - early 20s, late 30s male
Cornelia - early 20s, late 30s female

The film focuses on a recently signed baseball player who, while excited to start a new chapter in life, struggles letting go of his past. As time runs out, he becomes increasingly desperate to find a reason to stay.

If interested, please email tomatosou...@gmail.com.

I'll also link our Seed&Spark page below for more information about the film.

https://seedandspark.com/fund/tomato-soup#story
Simon Richards
Phone
248-214-1591
Email
rich...@msu.edu

And REMEMBER — Riverwalk’s Angels in America directed by Bob Robinson auditions are this Sunday and Monday

Jane Zussman
G.L.U.T. List
(Greater Lansing Ubiquitous Theatre)
http://www.greaterlansingtheatre.net
To review past emails as they were sent, click “About the G.L.U.T.” and choose “email list” from the drop-down menu — also check out the all-theatres calendar.

“Like” us on Facebook!