Fwd: Register to Attend -- Aufderheide Scenic Bikeway Designation Public Hearing

Richard Hughes

Jul 11, 2024, 3:36:38 PMJul 11
to GEARs List Serve
GEARs Members Invited to Public Meeting on Proposed Scenic Bikeway Designation

Eugene, OR – 7/11/24 – Members of the Greater Eugene Area Riders are invited to a public meeting on July 29th at 11:00 am to learn about the possibility of designating Aufderheide Drive (National Forest Road 19) as an Oregon Scenic Bikeway.  This meeting will be held via Zoom, and is hosted by Cycle Oregon – Register here.

The Oregon Scenic Bikeway program, established in 2009 by Oregon Parks and Recreation, markets and promotes cycling routes that offer cyclists a unique and enjoyable experience.  Proposed routes are nominated by local proponent groups to then be reviewed and approved by the Oregon Scenic Bikeway Committee.  Our proponent group recognized the Aufderheide Drive for its spectacular views of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, creeks, and rivers.  Our proponent group believes this designation can further attract visitors, boost local businesses, and encourage everyone to explore the outdoors by bike.

Meeting attendees can expect to learn about the criteria for scenic bikeway designation, hear about plans to market the route, ask questions, and provide feedback.  We encourage residents, local business owners, and cycling enthusiasts to attend and learn more about the Oregon Scenic Bikeway program.  We’re excited at the potential to market, promote, and enjoy this bikeway – and we hope you will be too!

For more information, please contact:

Connor Nolan
Destination Development Manager

---