GEARs Scheduled Rides for the week of July 22nd & Beyond!

Larry Diffie

Jul 21, 2024, 3:33:50 PM (10 days ago) Jul 21
to GEARs

Hello GEARs Group,

Yesterday saw temps get up to 94, yet we had 19 Riders head south, some south to Drain, but both groups felt the need to check out Wolf Creek (104 or 71 miles) on the way back.  Then there were 17 Riders who headed for Camas Bakery (36 miles).

Adventures Rides and tried and true Rides – both are great and allow the flexibility to meet the needs of almost all our Riders!  Way To Go Ride Leaders and being there to Lead for us!

It looks to be slightly cooler this coming week!  This Phormer Phoenician actually dripped sweat on a Ride this past week – I truly do not do that as much Riding in the Eugene area as I did there - imagine that (just because it's been 110+ there).  I could feel some of those toxins depart – I kept telling myself, keep the tires Rolling you will cool down, and I did.

Here are our Scheduled Rides and Events for this coming week & Beyond:

Time for a GREAT GEARs GATHERING!!  I'll move into the Beyond sharing first!

Kayna has been contacted by the Eugene Emeralds – they are looking to have a “GEARs Night” at one of their remaining home games.  There would still be a cost involved, but a discounted price.  Family members would be welcome.  They are hoping to have a Bike Valet for us.  We would be featured on their video board during the middle of the 5th inning.  And they would like someone from GEARs to throw out a Ceremonial First Pitch!  Details are still being worked out; however, we are looking at a Sunday, August 18th date, with the game start time of 5:05 p.m.  Those interested would meet at Alton Baker Park and Ride over.  (Not my Beautiful Wife though, she is not a Rider; however, she loves that I love GEARs and is ready to support this event)!

We would have a sign up, as well as a way or directions of how to pay for tickets.  We are hoping to have a minimum of 25 Riders/Family Members attend.  As details are being worked out, please let Kentucky Bob or me or Kayna know if you are interested so we can start getting a count idea.  What a Fun Club Event!  Thanks, Eugene Emeralds, for thinking about us!

More Beyond:  bRamble!  bRamble! bRamble!  bRamble!  It’s coming!  Volunteers!  Volunteers!  Volunteers!  Volunteers!  They are still needed and hoped for!  = August 25th.

The bRamble Volunteer Bike Rides will be on Saturday, August 17th with an earlier than normal start time – stay tuned!

Tomorrow, Monday, July 22nd, at 8:30 a.m., Kentucky Bob will lead our “Slo-Mo Monday” Riders (10 to 12 mph) out Upper Camp Creek, 27 miles, 815’ gain.

On Tuesday, July 23rd:

At 8:30 a.m., Jackie will lead 10 to 12 mph Riders on our “Free, Fun Fox Hollow” Ride, approximately 26 miles, 1932’ gain.  And Jackie normally has a stop at “Hide-a-Way” Bakery at the end of the Ride.

At 6:00 p.m., Kayna will lead our “Please Let It Only Be A Dream That I Still Have 3 Days Of Work To Go” 14 to 16 mph Riders out Seavy Loop to Dillard, 21 miles, 884’ gain.  You don’t have to have a job to join in on this stress reducer Ride!

On Thursday, July 25th:

At 8:30 a.m.:

Ted will lead our 13 to 15 mph Riders out Lorane Hwy to Petzold & Back, 35 miles, 984’ gain.

Steve Husak will lead the charge for the 16+ Riders as he will lead them out to Brownsville via Gap Rd., returning on Lake Creek, Rowland, 66 miles, 1045’ gain.

At 6:00 p.m.:

Julie Reed will lead our “I’m Gonna Hold My Breath And Leave Work Behind Cause Tomorrow Is Friday!” 14 to 16 mph Riders out McKenzie View & Back, 25 miles, 543’ gain.

On Saturday, July 27th, at 8:30 a.m.:

Nancy will lead our 13 to 15 mph Riders out Pleasant Hill via Weyerhauser, Out & Back, 35 miles, Level B.  Don’t be surprised if Nancy stops and takes an occasional photo – she has this wonderful relationship with things outdoors!

Danielle will lead our 16+ Riders on the Poodle Creek Metric Century Ride, 62 miles, Level C.

On Sunday, July 28th at 8:00 a.m., Jackie will lead 12 to 14 mph Riders from Cottage Grove to Lorane, Drain, Scott’s Valley, London, 76 miles, Level C.  This will be a remote start Loop out of Cottage Grove – park in the lot off of N. 12th, near the dog park, behind DariMart and Rally Coffee Bar.

On Monday, July 29th, at 8:30 a.m., Bob will be back leading our “Slo-Mo Monday” Riders on our Beautiful McKenzie View Route, 25 miles, Level B.

And Beyond - ?  Well, you know there’ll be something for us all to look forward to!

Peace,

Larry

Richard Hughes

Jul 21, 2024, 7:31:34 PM (9 days ago) Jul 21
to whats...@msn.com, GEARs
Hey Larry,
We'll be at Mt. Baker 8/10-18. Sorry to miss the BB game honoring GEARs in the 5th inning.

I vote for Kayna to throw out a Ceremonial First Pitch!