Greater Augusts ISSA 3rd Quarter public meeting feat. Kevin Fiscus

Josh Marner

Sep 20, 2022, 7:58:09 PM9/20/22
to Greater Augusta ISSA Public
CSRA Info Sec Professionals,

Our next Greater Augusts ISSA 3rd Quarter public meeting is Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 featuring Kevin Fiscus.  The discussion will be "Cyber Deception: Unbeatable Defense".  Please join us for this in-person event.  Pizza and refreshments will be provided prior to the discussion.  Seats are limited, so please reserve yours today!

Date: September 27th, 2022
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Augusta University, 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904 (University Hall, Room UH170)

********
The University System of Georgia (USG) institutions encourages all faculty, staff, students, and visitors who are not vaccinated for COVID-19, to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings, and to social distance when possible.
********

If you are interested, please register at the link:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/greater-augusta-issa-september-2022-public-meeting-with-kevin-fiscus

Cyber Deception: Unbeatable Defense

We will begin with an overview of cyber deception; what it is and why we need it. We will discuss how cyber deception can be used for attack detection, attacker distraction, attack disruption, the collection of environment-specific cyber threat intelligence, and to actively engage attackers in real time. We can also digress from the formal presentation and just talk. Attendee engagement is encouraged including questions and even "push back". Do you have questions about cyber deception? Do you believe it is amazing? Do you think it is the latest "snake oil" incorrectly sold as a universal cure to all defensive woes? Let's talk about it.

More about Kevin: https://www.sans.org/profiles/kevin-fiscus/

Kevin Fiscus is a Principal Instructor with the SANS Institute and the primary author of SANS SEC550: Cyber Deception - Attack Detection, Disruption, and Active Defense. Kevin has worked in the IT industry since 1990 where he served as a Communications-Computer Systems Operator for the United States Air Force. In addition to teaching his class on cyber deception, Kevin regularly teaches SANS SEC504: Hacker Tools, Exploits, and Incident Handling, and SANS SEC560: Enterprise Penetration Testing. When not teaching for SANS, Kevin runs a security consulting firm where he performs security and risk assessments, penetration testing, security program design and policy development engagements for his clients. He also founded and runs Deceptive Defense where he helps organizations prepare for, implement, and operate cyber deception solutions. Kevin is a husband and father of four living in Greensboro, NC.

--
Josh Marner
Communications Officer

Josh Marner

Sep 26, 2022, 10:23:17 PM9/26/22
to Greater Augusta ISSA Public
CSRA Info Sec Professionals,

Don't forget!  Our next Greater Augusts ISSA 3rd Quarter public meeting is Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 featuring Kevin Fiscus.  The discussion will be "Cyber Deception: Unbeatable Defense".  Please join us for this in-person event.  Pizza and refreshments will be provided prior to the discussion.  Seats are limited, so please reserve yours today!