Call for Volunteers for the 10th Great Texas!

Steve Piche

Jan 18, 2012, 12:02:44 PM1/18/12
to great...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to 2012, the year of the 10th running of the Great Texas!

Are you ready to be part of the Great Texas?

There are many ways that you can participate in the Great Texas besides racing.  Consider volunteering to help with the race in on the following ways:
-  Volunteer to help out with race committee duties.  Help with beach operations, scoring, inspections, etc.
-  Join the media team.  We are looking for photographers, web reporters, members of the video team and help with the web site.
-  Dash.  The Dash will be run by a separate group this year.  Lots of opportunities available to help with the organization of this event.
-  Join a racing team.  We always have teams that need team managers, pushers, and other volunteers.
-  Parties.  Volunteer to help out with any of the parties held most evenings of the event.

The bottom line is that there are many ways that you can become active in the Great Texas.  If you want to volunteer, contact Terri Reuwsaat (treu...@gmail.com) or Steve Piche (steve...@gmail.com).

Sean McQuilken

Jan 19, 2012, 7:27:03 PM1/19/12
to great...@googlegroups.com
I would like to help out. At this point I can't commit to coming to Texas for the race but I would like to serve on the media team from home.

Floyd Adcock

Jan 18, 2012, 1:33:13 PM1/18/12
to great...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

I posted this on our Surfside Sailing website and myself and others from the Surfside group would be willing to help out with the dash just let us know what you need help with.

Thanks,
Floyd

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." — Abraham Lincoln