Greasemonkey Privacy Policy

Ryan Griggs

Nov 27, 2021, 12:20:54 AM11/27/21
to greasemonkey-users
Can anyone point me to the privacy policy of the Greasemonkey project?

dmccunney

Nov 27, 2021, 10:04:17 AM11/27/21
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 12:20 AM Ryan Griggs <rgr...@hilltop.net> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to the privacy policy of the Greasemonkey project?

I don't believe one exists. (I don't see one on the Github repository.)

But why does it *need* one? Privacy comes into play when you are
concerned about data websites you visit will collect about you.
Greasemonkey (and similar products Tmmperonkey and Violentmonkey) are
Firefox extensions that allow you to run arbitrary, locally stored
JavaScript routines (called userScripts) on the pages of sites you
visit to change what the page displays. When you download it from
Mozilla's Addons page, it tells you what access it needs but doesn't
ask anything about you. The last time I looked, GreaseMonkey did not
collect or send any data to the outside world. It is strictly local
in its actions. It is private by design.
______
Dennis

Anthony Lieuallen

Nov 28, 2021, 9:47:54 AM11/28/21
On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 10:04 AM dmccunney <dennis....@gmail.com> wrote:
The last time I looked, GreaseMonkey did not
collect or send any data to the outside world.  It is strictly local
in its actions.  It is private by design.

This.  There was one in the past when there was some collection of usage telemetry, but that (feature) was removed years ago.