GM_openInTab not defined when @grant is present

David Jones

Jun 21, 2023, 12:20:05 AM6/21/23
to greasemonkey-users
I'm running GM 4.11 on Firefox 114.0.1 (64bit) on Windows 10.

I've written a GM script to interface with Lemmy and open links to external sites in new tabs.

When I apply this script, I get the error that GM_openInTab is not defined. I'm confused because the grant is present, and I thought I was using it correctly based on what I've read.

Can anyone point to me where I'm going wrong? The script reaches the console log right before the GM_openInTab call before crashing.

Thanks,
Dave

David Jones

Jun 22, 2023, 1:04:39 AM6/22/23
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
I'm a fool and didn't realize that 4.0 had changed it from GM_openInTab to GM.openInTab - adjusting that and it works. Sorry for bugging y'all!