Paul Gee

Oct 30, 2019, 8:17:08 AM10/30/19
to greasemonkey-users
Is this not supported anymore?

All Firefox does is show the file as a text file.

It used to install the userscript.

Like: file:///C:/xxxxxxxx/programming/javascript/directory/Greasemonkey/138421.user.js

If it is not supported, is there any work-around, or do I have to put it on a server and load it that way?

Anthony Lieuallen

Oct 30, 2019, 9:18:16 AM10/30/19
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

Paul Gee

Oct 31, 2019, 1:04:07 PM10/31/19
to greasemonkey-users
Says 404 page not there

Anthony Lieuallen

Oct 31, 2019, 4:53:16 PM10/31/19
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com

Paul Gee

Oct 31, 2019, 11:00:13 PM10/31/19
to greasemonkey-users
Thanks.

No file://access for now, and maybe forever.

That is unfortunate.

I might make a PHP script where I upload a file and then offer it from the server.

T Z

Jan 20, 2020, 11:09:09 AM1/20/20
to greasemonkey-users
This hasn't been supported for a while for (good) security reasons, but it's easy enough to host a single directory. Here's a nice list of one-line web servers: https://gist.github.com/willurd/5720255

So, for example, if you happen to have python 3 installed then you can run "python -m http.server 8000" in the directory where your script is, then browse to http://127.0.0.1:8000 and when you click the script it will install properly.

Cheers!