How do you contribute to wiki.greasespot.net pages?

Daniel Kaplan

Nov 30, 2023, 2:42:56 PM11/30/23
to greasemonkey-users
Anonymous users can't edit https://wiki.greasespot.net but neither can new users. If you try, you get a message like this:

> You must confirm your email address before editing pages. Please set and validate your email address through your user preferences.

The problem is, there isn't an "email address" field in the user preferences. The sign-up page doesn't ask for an email either, so I couldn't have received it. Is this a wiki bug?

Thanks

Daniel Kaplan

Nov 30, 2023, 2:46:38 PM11/30/23
to greasemonkey-users
By the way, my account says I'm a member of "Autoconfirmed users." Maybe that's intended to allow me to edit without verifying my e-mail? Unfortunately, being a member of that group doesn't allow me to edit pages.

Anthony Lieuallen

Dec 2, 2023, 5:29:56 PM12/2/23
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 2:43 PM Daniel Kaplan <daniel...@sleepeasysoftware.com> wrote:
Is this a wiki bug?

Yes.  Unfortunately spammers target the wiki more often than real users, so the settings often end up "too tight".  I've tried adjusting.  Hopefully it works now, please let me know.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted