"Component is not available" error on FF4 but not on chrome

Charlie R

Mar 25, 2011, 1:45:30 PM3/25/11
to greasemonkey-users
Code is here:

http://pastebin.com/ufWYs2Pk

The summary is that ".onclick" appears to be unavailable on images in
FF4, greasemonkey 0.9.1. The code works fine on Chrome's integrated
greasemonkey emulation and I think it used to work in FF 3.6 but I
can't really test that anymore.

Any suggestions how to work around this? It's a big problem for me.

Charlie Reiman

Anthony Lieuallen

Mar 25, 2011, 1:56:48 PM3/25/11
to greasemon...@googlegroups.com
On 03/25/11 13:45, Charlie R wrote:
> The summary is that ".onclick" appears to be unavailable...

This has been true for a long long time. Pitfall #2.

http://wiki.greasespot.net/Avoid_Common_Pitfalls_in_Greasemonkey

Charlie R

Mar 25, 2011, 2:32:11 PM3/25/11
to greasemonkey-users

On Mar 25, 10:56 am, Anthony Lieuallen <arant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/25/11 13:45, Charlie R wrote:
>
> > The summary is that ".onclick" appears to be unavailable...
>
> This has been true for a long long time.  Pitfall #2.

Thanks! It's hard to figure out where relevant documentation is for
anything these days. Google keeps finding ancient or spammy garbage.