Purpose of separate get/set/listValue permissions?

Frrz Novles

Jan 10, 2018, 9:52:32 AM1/10/18
to greasemo...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking about this and I couldn't quite come up with what the use case would be that requires separate permissions for most of the `ValueStore` API methods. For example, if you only have `GM.getValue`, there's nothing to get because you haven't set anything. Same with the reverse, I can't see a reason to set a value if you can't retrieve it later.

Of course changing these to a single permission would break scripts and compatibility and I'm not really suggesting that they should be changed, but what's the rational behind them?

Anthony Lieuallen

Jan 10, 2018, 10:42:06 AM1/10/18
to greasemo...@googlegroups.com
I think it's half small-scale design, and half because it makes the code easy.  To call method X, we check if there is a grant that says literally (by exact string compare) X, if not it's denied.