Re: GreaseKit not working on Safari 5.1

Message has been deleted

Maik

Jul 21, 2011, 6:45:25 AM7/21/11
to GreaseKit Users
...here the same, please release a update!

On 21 Jul., 08:49, ruiwy1 <rui...@gmail.com> wrote:
> None of the scripts installed on GreaseKit works with Safari 5.1

Jim Tuttle

Jul 21, 2011, 8:09:47 AM7/21/11
to greasek...@googlegroups.com
It's sort of working for me.  I disabled all my complex scripts, and just created an alert("hello,world") script that will run on any page.

The alert doesn't show up when Safari 5.1 opens, nor does it when I click on a link or open a new tab.  But it does when I open a new window or click on a link in email or something that causes a new window to open.

I'm not a GreaseKit admin/developer, but hopefully this just means that Safari 5.1 changed the event/hook/etc and GreaseKit can still be called whenever ANY new link/tab/window is opened.

Pavel Mazurin

Jul 21, 2011, 5:41:26 PM7/21/11
to GreaseKit Users
Looks like that the problem is in Safari. For some reason page the
following load/refresh notifications aren't being sent:
WebViewProgressStartedNotification
WebViewProgressFinishedNotification
WebViewProgressEstimateChangedNotification

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a permanent security (or for some other
reason) change.

I'm not a greasekit admin/developer too. I was trying to make it work,
but can't think out any workaround for the problem above.

As for now I'm using NinjaKit. It's really buggy and not as convenient
for user script development as GreaseKit, but I have no other choice :
(.

Pavel