Melbourne GNU Robots Championship - cancellation

Duncan Bayne

Apr 16, 2011, 7:49:41 PM4/16/11
to grc-melbourne
Hi All,

I'm afraid that I've only had one tentative reply to the venue poll in
a fortnight; it looks like there just isn't sufficient interest to run
the competition.

So, the first (& probably only) Melbourne GNU Robots Championship is
cancelled.

I'll leave the group open, so if you do wind up hacking on your own
GNU Robots AI, please feel free to post a link to the code (or the
code itself) for others to learn from.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420 817 082 | web: http://www.fluidscape.com/ | skype:

Jeffrey Beu

Apr 18, 2011, 2:11:37 AM4/18/11
to grc-me...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Duncan for trying to get something interesting going.
Like many others - I assume - I didn't get round to finishing the project.
For me the amount of time was perhaps to long without any engaging
feedback, so it didn't feel like a competition just something to pursue
in ones own time, for which I did.

Maybe a bit of a ladder with weekly rounds before the championship might
have sustained peoples engagement longer.
I would still be keen.

Jeff